Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment Labels - Strange Behavior is Viewports

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CharlesRheault6717
1325 Views, 6 Replies

Alignment Labels - Strange Behavior is Viewports

This is in 2013. We have a project where in some layouts, the Station Ticks do not display. The Major Station Numbers are displayed. The label set uses major labels with tick and minor with ticks only. The Tick is AeccTickLine and the layers used are C-ROAD-TEXT for Alignment Labels, C-ROAD-STAN-MAJR and -MINR for major and minor ticks.

In one Veiwport, I thawed every layer with no success. I created a new viewport and in that viewport, I see all of the ticks and labels. Does anyone know why this occurs?

AKA CaddCop
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: CharlesRheault6717

@CharlesRheault6717 wrote:
In one Veiwport, I thawed every layer with no success.

Was this just using ordinary Freeze/Thaw or was it done by clicking into Model Space of the Viewport,

with Layer Manager open and scrolling over to "VP Freeze" column and verifying there weren't any

Layers frozen within the current viewport?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
CharlesRheault6717
in reply to: Jay_B

I tried thawing eveyway I know how. And there appeared to be no viewport freeze actions enabled.

Now, for a real puzzler.

When I change may current layer in the layout, and regenall, the ticks may appear and may not depending upon the layer I select to make current. On top of that, they may also change color, depending upon the layer I make current.

The alignment and its labels are coming from an XREF in modelspace on layer xref. The layers in my current file that I experimented with included some with plot turned off and when those were selected, the ticks display but do not plot. While the ticks are changing color, the station text was not.

We are going to recommend always plotting with Layer 0 as the current layer, for now.

AKA CaddCop
Message 4 of 7
doni49
in reply to: CharlesRheault6717

Can you post your dwg?  I'm curious and would like to investigate.  Also -- what version?

If it's too large to post to the site, post it on a cloud site like Dropbox and share a link with us.

EDIT:  Duh -- I guess I skimmed over the fact that you said it's in 2013. 

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
doni49
in reply to: doni49

I had something similar happen a few months ago.  Try the following.

1. Type MAPWSPACE
  2. Type O and enter to launch the Task Pane
  3. On the Display Manager tab, under Map Base, uncheck Default (see attached Image1)
  4. This will turn off the "overlay" that is hiding the actual object colors. 

Image1.jpg

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 7
CharlesRheault6717
in reply to: doni49

It was not checked already
AKA CaddCop
Message 7 of 7

I tried stripping as much out of the file as possible and the two are stll about 5 megs combined. What's up with that? I used Purge Styles, regular purge, dgnpurge and the files are stll that big.

AKA CaddCop

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report