AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

BlueLotus
Message 1 of 3 (99 Views)

Alignment Curves Oddly Displayed

99 Views, 2 Replies
01-16-2014 10:10 AM

I’m not sure if anyone's experienced this problem or not but when I look at an alignment that I’ve Data Referenced into my drawing in my Civil 3D 2011 the tangents and spirals display nicely but the curves don’t display correctly.  I’ve shown an example below.  As you can see, the curve doesn’t visually show as connecting to the spiral but the stationing (tick at the bottom) displays correctly on the theoretical alignment line.  I can still select the alignment to do C3D operations on it but the curves don’t show properly.  It’s quite annoying.

Oddly enough when I open the same drawing in my C3D 2012 it displays correctly so there must be some kind of C3D2011 setting or toggle that I’m missing.  Would anyone happen to know anything about this or how I can fix it?

Thanks,Civil 3D 2011 Curve Display Issue.png

BlueLotus

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 3 (86 Views)

Re: Alignment Curves Oddly Displayed

01-16-2014 10:51 AM in reply to: BlueLotus
You specify Data shortcut. So do you mean that it looks OK in the original drawing, but not in the host drawing of the d-ref? Are both drawings from the same template?

You mention 2012. You're not opening and saving in 2012 and then trying to work in 2011, are you? It's ok to just open read-only in 2012 to look at it; I presume that's what you are doing.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

BlueLotus
Message 3 of 3 (78 Views)

Re: Alignment Curves Oddly Displayed

01-16-2014 10:59 AM in reply to: troma

Update:  I did a little more Google research and it turns out that it's not just a C3D issue but an AutoCAD arc issue.  Strangely enough when I set my VIEWRES to 20,000 it doesn't help at all but when I set my WHIPARC value to 0 instead of 1 it displays just fine now.  I'm not sure what the deal is with this as I've only ever used VIEWRES to control arc smoothness and never dealt with WHIPARC before.  Anyone know any potential problems with having my WHIPARC set to 0?

Thanks,

BlueLotus.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs