Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align command on surface labels

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
sjg
Advisor
673 Views, 10 Replies

Align command on surface labels

Site layout has moved and rotated a little. Have spot elevation labels in my sheet but unable to use align command. Align command is able to be used but only moves labels rather than move and rotate. Any suggestions.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sjg

Not sure but does the rotate definition in the style have anything to do with it?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 11
cburns0088
in reply to: sjg

same thing here - need to rotate surface labels as the site was originally on assumed coords

Help please

we cant be the only people who have encountered this

thanks

Message 4 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: cburns0088

Not sure which version added the ability to give Surface labels a rotation. In 2012 you can edit them individually either in the Properties Palette or using the grips (after the label is selected and grips are displayed, hover over the square shaped grip). You can also select many and change the Label rotation in the Properties palette.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 11
cburns0088
in reply to: Jeff_M

using 2012

not individual rotations - the whole site was moved and rotated  - I need to rotate 100's of labels to the new orientation

Message 6 of 11
Jeff_M

@cburns0088 wrote:

- I need to rotate 100's of labels to the new orientation

So select one, right-click, Select Similar, go to the properties palette and enter the desired rotation. If you don't know what angle to use, then rotate just one first to where you want then observe, or copy, the angle in the Properties Palette, then do as above.

9-7-2012 2-17-09 PM.png

EESignature
Message 7 of 11
cburns0088

thats not it -

the entire site has moved and was rotated so all the labels for the surfaces have to be moved and rotated aswell (as in all together around a common point - not just the orientation of the text in the label or the marker - the actual label has to be rotated)

I can move them fine but I cannot rotate them andd align will not work

I also tried making them a block but once I explode they go back to where they were

Message 8 of 11
cburns0088

see the labels out in the parking lot - need to all be rotated to the new orientation

Message 9 of 11
Jeff_M

Ah, got it! I'm a bit dense on Friday afternoons. This could probably be done with a small bit of programming, but nothing OOTB that I'm aware of. 

EESignature
Message 10 of 11
Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

This could probably be done with a small bit of programming. 

I did some testing with this tonight, and the pieces of the label that need to be changed are read only in the API's. So there isn't a simple way to do this, at least not that I can find.

EESignature
Message 11 of 11
cburns0088

thanks for the reply - at least I know it cant be done - def a wish list item

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report