AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

davidreese
Message 1 of 5 (188 Views)

Adobe Export

188 Views, 4 Replies
10-17-2012 06:35 PM

Has anyone had an issue with having Adobe x or XI installed and lost ability to export to pdf?

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 2 of 5 (174 Views)

Re: Adobe Export

10-18-2012 05:13 AM in reply to: davidreese

No. But I always use CutePDF to create the files.

Allen

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 3 of 5 (168 Views)

10-18-2012 05:22 AM in reply to: davidreese

No, but we use Autodesk's DWGtoPDF print driver

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
davidreese
Message 4 of 5 (160 Views)

10-18-2012 06:01 AM in reply to: davidreese

Here is the interesting thing, I added the post after trying this at home off my work network, then on my network via VPN, and it failed both times. Tried it while hard wired to my network at work this morning and there was no problem exporting to PDF within the Autocad system as it comes without external programs. The reason I like this export method is the layering that is created within the PDF so the user of the PDF can turn off and trun on layers created in the export. So now I am a little unsure why it is having an issue one place and not the other. I suspect it is looking for a file or some driver that is referenced on our server but which is hard to access over a VPN connection. Anyway, I will leave it for the IT folks to figure out. Thanks for your responses

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 5 of 5 (109 Views)

12-04-2012 10:42 AM in reply to: davidreese

Autodesk's DWGtoPDF print driver includes object layers.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs