Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Sources to Sample Missing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JBozz300
420 Views, 2 Replies

Additional Sources to Sample Missing

I have a 2010 C3D drawing that includes an existing surface, a corridor, and a proposed surface. Guy here copied the proposed surface and made several revisions to that surface cause of different things going on outside of the proposed road (i.e. adding pipes with big headwalls, etc.) Now the plans are needing to get out and he did not sample the copied surface that he revised into our cross sections. So I go in to sample that source and that revised surface does not show up in the list. What's up with that?

Using 2010 on a Dual 3.0, 8gb ram, win-64 bit.

Thanks...
JBozz300 Out!
C3D 2014 SP1
i7-3770 @ 3.40
16 GB - Win 7 Pro-64 SP1
NVidia Quadro 2000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JBozz300

are you editing sample line to add the source or are you looking in the
section view group properties list? I only ask because I made this mistake a
few times.

Joe
Message 3 of 3
JBozz300
in reply to: JBozz300

I am right clicking the sample line then selecting "Sample Line Group Properties", the "Sample more sources" button under the "Sections" tab. It shows all of the other surfaces in the drawing, even old sources that have nothing to do with this road design. I did however figure out a work around. I did not realize that we could retrieve the corridor data through an xref. So I created a new drawing and data ref'd the 2 surfaces I needed and then xref'd the design file and was able to recreate the cross sections pretty easily. Although we will use this method in the future, I still don't know what caused my surface to not show up in the additional sources box. Any thoughts? Was it 'cause it was a copy you think? I've had this happen before on older projects and can't remember the workaround. We will however create our cross sections this newer way from now on, as we didn't realize that 2010 allowed for the corridor data to be accessed through the xref. Edited by: JBozz300 on May 28, 2010 8:59 AM
JBozz300 Out!
C3D 2014 SP1
i7-3770 @ 3.40
16 GB - Win 7 Pro-64 SP1
NVidia Quadro 2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report