Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data bands below profile view

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
patricksipatela
1351 Views, 15 Replies

Adding data bands below profile view

I want to show the information on the attached document in the drawing also attached in civl 3d. The final outcome layout of band data i want is titled wanted outcome and the drawing is preliminary vertical long section.

Pleas help out.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

That shouldn't be to difficult for you to do but it will take a bit of time to set up each of the bands and the label inside the bands based on what information you need. I think everything in your image is available in the label composer with the exception of maybe peg level which I am not familar with. 

You will also probably need a profile for your left and right edge of pavement so the profile can be reference in the band. Alternatively an expression could do it as well if your pavement width is consistent along the entire alignment. 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 3 of 16

Is this what you had in mind?

Cyndy Davenport
Civil BIM Professional & Enthusiast
Contributing Author to Mastering Civil 3D
Decades of Experience
Message 4 of 16

Thats exactly what i want. Can you help me out with the same format as the file you attached.

Message 5 of 16

I sure can. Shoot me an email and I can help you.

Cyndy Davenport

Cyndy Davenport
Decades of Experience
Message 6 of 16

These are the data bands built using 2013/2014. If you don't have this version, I can help you via email.

Cyndy Davenport
Decades of Experience
Message 7 of 16

I am using 2011. I can not open the file. can it be saved as a lower version so that i open it with 2011 version?

contact me at: patricksipatela@gmail.com
Message 8 of 16

I am using 2011. Can the files created in 2013 be saved to be opened in a lower version.

Message 9 of 16

No, but I just sent you an email explaining how to create the first four bands.

Cyndy Davenport
Decades of Experience
Message 10 of 16
troma
in reply to: cyndycyndycyndy

I realize that you are helping the OP, and putting a lot of work into it too. But I tend to feel that the intent of these forums is that we can all learn from each other's advice and problems. Is there any chance you can post your answers here, so that everyone can benefit?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 11 of 16
cyndycyndycyndy
in reply to: troma

That would be like writing a book. And I'm already in the middle of doing that but I'll try to be brief.

The first four bands are profile data bands configured to pull elevations at major and minor stations.

The next is a vertical geometry band configured with a line and two arrowhead blocks anchored to bands occuring at the vertical PI points.  grades for uphill and downhill tangents grades are anchored to the line.  Lengths are anchored to one of the bands.  Label only tangents is checked.

The next is another vertical geometry band with only curve values being pulled.  Band lines occur at PC and PT points same thing is being done with the line and arrow.  Elevations for BVC and EVC configured to be anchored to the bands.  VC length and K is configured to be anchored to the line.  Label only tangents is not checked.

Superelevation is  blank because I don't know what he is trying to do with this, but it's a superelevation band.

Horizontal curves is a horizontal geometry band.  Line is configured to be anchored to the bands.  Direction value of the tangents was assumed to be north azimuth but this can be changed to whatever he needs it to be.  Where curves occur, the radius value and included angle value was brought in.  All these values are anchored to the line.

Finally, the last band is a profile data band containing his station callouts occuring at major and minor stations and both anchored to the band.

Feel free to open up the file posted previously for those who are curious.  I'm working with patricksipatela offline so I can send him screen captures.  Maybe I'll just blog it so the world can benefit too.

Cyndy Davenport
Decades of Experience
Message 12 of 16

pls i am having the same challenge how do u assist me. my email bigexploit@gmail.com

thanks

Message 13 of 16

pls i am having the same challenge how do u assist me. my

email bigexploit@gmail.com

thanks

Message 14 of 16

Sure. Post a screen capture of the bands you are trying to build.

Cyndy Davenport
Decades of Experience
Message 15 of 16

I actually what the the data to show at the bottom of the profile where by i have the data for existing elevation centre, existing elevation left,existing elevation right,then the design fg elevation. ALL SHOWING AT THE PROFILE VIEW BOTTOM. 

Message 16 of 16

please how do i configure my profile so that the EXISTING ELEVATION LEFT, EXISTING ELEVATION RIGHT,EXISTING ELEVATION CENTER AND FG ELEVATION WILL APPEAR AT THE BOTTOM OF MY PROFILE  SIMULTANEOUSLY 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report