Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding additional polyline verticies

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
WheelerCJ
518 Views, 4 Replies

Adding additional polyline verticies

Hi,

In the command GRADING>EDIT FEATURE LINE GRADING>INSERT ELEVATION POINT

I can specify the Increment value which is what I want but this only allows me to select one line. How can I select multiple lines and specify an increment value?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Conrad_A
in reply to: WheelerCJ

We talking polylines or feature lines? I'm assuming FL

When working with Feature Lines you can only edit one at a time.

You could create one to your liking a just copy it. Keeping in mind that the elevations will be the same.

Message 3 of 5
WheelerCJ
in reply to: Conrad_A

Thanks for the reply.

Its just a collection of 3D PL's that I'm using to create the surface. They are all existing topo content so I quickly want to add more vertices to make it more accurate.

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B

Another way would be to add Supplementing factors "Distance" on "Add Breaklines" dialog when adding to the surface definition. This will add a verticie to the triangulation along the 3d polys at a specified increment.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
cwitzel

If you are trying to create the Existing ground, the previous solution is the answer.

If you are trying to put elevations from an existing surface onto them use features lines instead instead of using 3d polys.

Select all of your 3d polys -  "Create Feature Lines from objects"

In the dialog check "Assign Elevations"  In the next dialog, select the surface and make sure that the "Insert intermediate grade break points is checked"

This will create feature lines with a vertice everytime they cross a triangle on the existing ground surface.

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report