Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a station equation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
andyfrank5661
13752 Views, 8 Replies

Adding a station equation

I'm trying to figure out the best way to split an alignment so that I do not disturb the stationing of the alignment beyond a station equation.  I have a very long alignment with a finaized design.  I have a design change to make, which means I need to move a section of the alignment, and I want to do it without changing the stationing past a defined point so that it does not affect the design (corridor) past that point.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: andyfrank5661

Alignment Properties>>> station control>> pick your Sta Eq, then modify the portion you want to change

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 9
SurveyorLee

Just like the note above, except I would put two equations in..one on each side of where you need to be.  Then nothing will change except for the area where you are making the change.

Lee

Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SurveyorLee

Thanks Lee. I was wondering how the second one works?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 9
SurveyorLee

The second one just gives you a definite tie poont, but you will need to know where it is in your drawing.  If you assing 6+00 back to be 12+00 ahead, it will work fine, except taht 6+00 will change when you re-station your alignment.  If you put one on each side if the changes..4+00 back = 4+00 ahead, you will know where the revisions started.  This comes in handy later, when questions arises about when and what changed.  The second the you set (6+00= 12+00), can be set so that the ahead station is equal to the original station.  This keeps from channging everything in your materials list that may be associated with stations (i.e inlet pipes, sign locations, side road intersections).

Lee

Message 6 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SurveyorLee

tHANKS

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 9

Thanks guys thats what I was looking for.  I will have to mess around with the station ahead and behind part to do what I want it to do.  I added the two stations and shortend the alignment, which held the station ahead, but then it did some weird stationing inbetween...  Anyways thanks again!

Message 8 of 9
SurveyorLee

That's why i said use two, one ahead and one behind.  Just go in and edit the alignment to make the stations correspond as they should.  Then everything should check out;

Lee

Message 9 of 9

did not help, another suggestion?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report