Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a PVI with vertical curve

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RalphBrown99
4989 Views, 6 Replies

Adding a PVI with vertical curve

Hi:

In this moment I am trying to add to my profile line a PVI -which I know how to do it- with the capability of modify the criteria for the vertical curve. In this moment every time that I add a PVI the tangents do not have a vertical curve and if I open the Panorama Profile Grade View Window it does not allow me to change either the length or radius so their values in these cells are empty.

How is possible then to edit -create- the vertical curve for a PVI that was not created in the first shoot?

Thanks

Rafael Moreno

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: RalphBrown99

Make the PVI and then add the appropriate curve, the button for which you wil find in the Profile Geometry Editor toolbar.  This bar appears when you right click a profile and choose Edit Profile Geometry.

TIP:

Use a free vertical curve.  You can use the others, but the free one is the most popular.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 7
RalphBrown99

Hi Mathewk:

Thanks for your answer. Just a question. Which version are you using? I am using 2011 and I do not have the same options you have or maybe we can keep communication in order to see how to add the vertical curve.

Another question: How much do you know about banding?

Thanks

Rafael Moreno

Message 4 of 7
mathewkol

You have the same options as me regardless of the version.  This toolbar has not significantly changed since the first version of Civil 3D.

1204iCF4838BB69E98754

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 7
RalphBrown99
in reply to: mathewkol

Hi Mathewk:

Thaaaaaank you very much for your help. No I can edit my vertical curves more easily.

Another question: How do you know about bands?

Cheers

Rafael 

Message 6 of 7
csevers

Yes, but you cannot edit those curves like the others. What you want is Free Vertical Parabola (PVI based), it's under the "More Free Vertical Curves" drop down. Don't ask me why they hide all the popular functions.

Also, that toolbar is very buggy. Sometimes it will just stop working. I have found that regen usually fixes it (C3D 2013), but in older versions (2010-2012) sometimes you have to close and re-open the drawing.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 7 of 7

Yeah Banding is wicked...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report