Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Building Block with Elevations to a Surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RCBmstg007
554 Views, 4 Replies

Adding a Building Block with Elevations to a Surface

When working with mulitple building pads and configurations change rapidly. Is there a method to add a Block or Xref into a Civil3D Surface under Drawing Objects? If so, how could you do it.

I want to have a building block type 1 that I can update the block or xref then updates the surface rather than doing each one individually.

The Block would have a FFE of 0.00 and then the stoops, etc would either be a 0.1 drop or so.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.mckenzie
in reply to: RCBmstg007

I usually just xref the file that shows the buildings and then trace a feature line around with the osnaps on to get accuracy. not sure if a dedicated reference file or block is going to improve the process or not.

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: RCBmstg007

If you have a block of the building you can get the x-y location set and then use the Move Blocks to Surface command. Perhaps you can edit the blocks insertion point to get the .1 drop automatically.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

this works on multiple objects.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
john.mckenzie
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I suppose with the block approach you could redefine the block each time it was changed. It should still hold the z edits and stay in place assuming someone (whomever supplies the new edited block) can keep the same coordinate system with each change. LOL I know many an architect that cannot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report