Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding FG labels to section - band style

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
prasc002
734 Views, 1 Reply

Adding FG labels to section - band style

1.    I am trying to label the FG centerline of my sections in section view and are given three options under the setion view properties -> section tab (Existing ground, Proposed cross section and proposed surface.) I am not drawing the FG surface in my section but am including the corridor section with the existing ground.  When i move to the "Bands" tab to label my "Section2" I am not given the option of the Proposed cross section but only the Existing ground and proposed surface.  How do i get the corridor section that i am drawing in section view to be the one that the band labels when it isn't an option.  

2.    I have data referenced in the Exisitng and Finished Surfaces but when i go into Section View Group Properties -> Section Views -> change band set-> the only option i have for my band set to label is the Existing ground surface.  The Finished ground surface doesn't show up. 

Thanks,

Jeff

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: prasc002

prasc002 wrote:

2.    I have data referenced in the Exisitng and Finished Surfaces but when i go into Section View Group Properties -> Section Views -> change band set-> the only option i have for my band set to label is the Existing ground surface.  The Finished ground surface doesn't show up. 

In order for the Finished Ground Surface to show up so it can be specified as "Surface "2 (or proposed surface elevation) is by first sampling the surface here:

Sample Line Group Properties>Sections Tab>Sample More Sources...>and Sample the FG surface.

Now it should be available to select in the Data Band for labeling.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report