Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add points option missing from surface definiton

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
s.tully
246 Views, 2 Replies

Add points option missing from surface definiton

Hello,

I have been trying to follow "Autodesk 3d Civil Help>Surfaces>Adding and Editing Surface Data" in order to construct a surface from a point cloud I have, in x,y,z format. I have been trying to creat a grid surface since my data is regular DTM data.

My first issue is that a lot of the options are greyed out when creating the surface (for example I cannot change "Render Material Style". I can still create a surface though. The second, more important issue, is that I am then told to expand the surface definiton section on the Prospector tab and click on the points icon there. This icon is simply not there for me - I have a choice of Boundaries, DEM Files or Edits.

I should point out that I am working in Autodesk Civil 3d 2006.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it some issue with the liscence/installation? Or am I missing something erally obvious that greys out some options and makes others dissapear completely!

If anyone can shed some light on this, or has experienced it themselves that would be very helpful!

Susan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: s.tully

Have you created a GRID surface instead of a TIN surface?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
s.tully
in reply to: troma

Yes I tried creating a Grid surface, trying now with TIN I see that the options show up. This is pretty misleading in the help documentation!! From what I read Grid seemed the way to go, but I guess I will try TIN now. Thanks for the pointer. -- The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report