Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add label point changes Corridor

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
swatfor_PDCOG
190 Views, 9 Replies

Add label point changes Corridor

Why does my corridor change when I use the add label feature under the Alignment menu?
I want to label a particular location along my alignment. So, I started the add labels... feature -
Feature = Alignment
Label type = Station Offset - fixed Point
Station offset label style = Station Offset Data
Point Style = standard

When I add the label, my corridor immediately indicates it needs to be rebuilt. When I rebuild I get a message in the event viewer that my corridor is out of sync and may not be correct.

What's going on? How can I label a particular station at a certain location along an alignment without upsetting the corridor?

I don't really want to add a point but there seems to be no other way to label the location along the alignment.
Sandy W.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JoshNelson
in reply to: swatfor_PDCOG

I can add to your complaint. When I change the style of a surface that my corridor is referencing, I get the notice that I need to rebuild my corridor. I have found a couple other things too that I didn't note that kick it into wanting to be rebuilt, but I didn't write them down. I basically ignore the rebuild notice and only rebuild when I know I need to, but of course I hope this all gets fixed in future releases.

Josh Nelson
Message 3 of 10

Exact Warning!!! (not just information) I get is "Corridor is out of date and may be out of sync with other objects".
What does that mean and how do I get it back in sync?
Thanks
Sandy
Sandy W.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

swatfor wrote:
> Exact Warning!!! (not just information) I get is "Corridor is out of date and may be out of sync with other objects".
> What does that mean and how do I get it back in sync?
> Thanks
> Sandy

Just right-click on that corridor name and click rebuild. That should
get rid of any more error messages.

--
Jason Hickey

http://beneaththelines.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 10

I did that. The warning message about my corridor being out of sync just keeps coming back. I don't save my drawing and close it. I reopen the drawing and the corridor is fine. I add the alignment label (nothing else) and the warning returns. It is definitely the add label feature, I've done absolutely nothing else to the drawing. I can rebuild a hundred times but the "out of sync" WARNING never goes away.
Sandy W.
Message 6 of 10

OK... stupid me - what I was not doing was clearing the events in the Panorama before rebuilding, so I was seeing the same error messages over and over. I wish there was a way to have the events clear automatically whenever the corridor is rebuilt.
Sandy W.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I concur.

Bill

wrote in message news:5107923@discussion.autodesk.com...
OK... stupid me - what I was not doing was clearing the events in the
Panorama before rebuilding, so I was seeing the same error messages over and
over. I wish there was a way to have the events clear automatically
whenever the corridor is rebuilt.
Message 8 of 10
JoshNelson

I had to get in the habit of looking at the time of the error or just "clear all events" after every rebuild.

Josh Nelson
Message 9 of 10

I clear all events before every rebuild.
Sandy
wrote in message news:5108102@discussion.autodesk.com...
I had to get in the habit of looking at the time of the error or just "clear
all events" after every rebuild.

Josh Nelson
Sandy W.
Message 10 of 10
rs101

has anyone had success getting the events to list "newest first" (and to stay that way)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report