Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add contour on the a surface that has a render material fill-

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eyescast
768 Views, 1 Reply

Add contour on the a surface that has a render material fill-

Hello, 

I had this surface on realistic. I plan to add more of the background image on the white spaces with additional contours and labels. What is the best practice for it. Do I extend the original surface? or just add autocad lines for contours, I don't think that is the right way. 

When I turn the north arrow in the correct direction the surface goes with it.  

Also I cannot  reproduce correctly the steps on having a scale legend for  this lower viewport, the two top VP have it. I forgot it since I don't use Civil 3d regularly.

Please advise. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
eyescast
in reply to: eyescast

Hi again, 

Basically the repair involve restoring the hollowed face of embankment that is presently a cavity on a embankment section. It also be describe as the steep shoreline/hillside  to a reservoir. 

When looking at the attachmet I created a fill surface to cover the cavity. Then, proceed with the bounded volume calculation come up with amount of fill. It was time consuming because the  contour lines that ran across the  hollowed section of the embankment has be done for each major counter.

I've tried using the grading tool several times and got as far coming up with a fill that do not seem to to give the correct quantities. so that is why I had  to choose the option of creating fill surfaces. Is it necessary to create a feature line at toe 

Personally, I don seem to get a good grasp  at using the grading. tool

so, 1) please let me know if creating surface via multiple contours and then turning it as points to a surface above the existing surface. Is this the only way?

r

2. ) I tried lean to use the grading Method : The only I know is creating a rectangular box as featureline and grade from the top to the toe. of embankmment.  

3.Also, please comment on the North arrow, whenever I turn it to the correct the surfaces rotates to wrong position.I appreciatre all the help you can give me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report