Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a supplemental factor to a breakline after it has been added to a surface?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
josephliyen
959 Views, 1 Reply

Add a supplemental factor to a breakline after it has been added to a surface?

Hi all,

I am having trouble with this one. My surface has about 1000 breaklines and while some of them are good, some of them, when it was added, didn't have any supplemental factors defined. I used 1m typically to get the accuracy I want and some of these lines have vertices that are 100m a part. This makes my TIN in the surface do weird things.

I can't find a way to redefine a supplemental factor for these already added breaklines and the only way I know how is to delete these lines from the surface and re-add them in. The problem with that is because there are more than 1000 lines, I am not sure which lines under the "breakline" tab in the surface represents the lines I want to delete. I understand I could use zoom to, but that only does 1 line at a time and is very time consuming.

I can potentially delete all the breaklines and re-add them all but I am afraid to miss one or two here or there. Is there a way to to what I said above? Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
seattlesurvey
in reply to: josephliyen

Not sure if this helps, but you can modify the breakline object directly in the drawing without having to go through the Breaklines header in Prospector.

If you see breaklines that need modifying or deleting, that can be done to the drawing object directly and your surface will update.  I don't think you can add supplementing factors to an object that's already defined as a breakline, but you can add vertices with elevations, or delete the object altogether.

HTH.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report