Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Curves to Existing Alignment

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SeattleC3D
6048 Views, 4 Replies

Add Curves to Existing Alignment

Hello All,

I have an existing alignment (proposed alignment with profile, and Corridor) Now i want to add another 400 feet with a curve with 50 feet radius. I could not modify the alignment. Here is what i did.

I extended the alignment with 400 feet long. Add a PI where a curve is going to be, then use Free Curve Fillet, but when selecting a second entity, it said "one or more of the selected entities already has an attachment" and it doesn't work.

Is there any other way to add a curve to my existing alignment? My file is too big, and could not upload here.

Thanks much

Dennis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SeattleC3D

The tangent you extended may be constrained to a previous curve. My guess if the alignment was created from a PLINE. Edit the constraing curve to be free and you should be able to add the one you want.

If it was from pline I would take the time to re-add all the curves to be free if appropriate

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
SeattleC3D

Could i send this file over to you, so i can take a look for me, please? If yes, could i have your email?

My email: sn_son@mail.com

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Did you get my message?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Meekster

I was clicking from right to left and getting the same error message. When I clicked the left line first and then the right line...it worked. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report