Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Conditional Horizontal Target?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
970 Views, 12 Replies

About Conditional Horizontal Target?

Hi everyone.

I am just not very professional with C3D.What i want to do is ; i have a corridor with both right/left sides ending with linktosurface with fixed slope.In some sections my exisiting surface is not wide enough to get intersection with linktosurface with fixed slope.So i want to use this "conditional horizont target " if my surface is not enough wide for intersection then just intersect or go to the edge of my existing surface.But i learned that  surfaces cannot be used as an offset target with that subassembly. I  wish i could explain it.

Thanks for your helps.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
fcernst
in reply to: Anonymous

But i learned that  surfaces cannot be used as an offset target with that subassembly...

That's correct....

Try using the DaylightInsideROW for this design scenario instead:

Extract your EG surface boundary and use it for the ROW Offset target. Set the Hold Slope input parameter to Overide Maximum Slope.

This will allow your typical daylight slopes to be realized along the Corridor, unless there is not enough lateral extent on the EG surface to accomodate them. In that case, the daylight link will be pinned to the ROW offset target at whatever slope is required.

In the Help for this subassembly, see Logical Case #3 to see how this works.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: fcernst

Thank you for you help...I think this daylightinsiderow is what i need.But as you see in that photo when i apply this to my assembly the fill slope goes reverse direction.Am i misssing a point?

Message 4 of 13
fcernst

You need to extract your EG surface border and use it for the the horizontal ROW Offset target.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Yes i already did it.The red is my EG and the green is the 3D border line of my EG.

Message 6 of 13
fcernst

Try offsetting that extracted border line a little bit to the inside of the surface boundary.

Maybe it is having trouble picking it up exactly on the surface border boundary.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

i tried it..Nothing changed...
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

http://speedy.sh/6WN3n/YOL-5-C3D.dwg

i uploaded it want to have a look.
Message 9 of 13
fcernst

Maybe this is not going to work. Maybe it fails on the first try when it can't find the Daylight surface at the typical slope. That would not be very rigorous programming if that's the case.

Manual solution:

You could break up that surface boundary and use it for a Conditional Horizontal Target for the areas you know do not have enough lateral extent of topo coverage, and attach a DaylightToOffset subassembly if the Target is Found..

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

ok.thanks for you attention.
Message 11 of 13
fcernst

The boundary target enclosed  the Corridor in a rectangle. When I broke the polyline target in order to have the polyline on just the right side of the target, the subassmbly behaved normally. 

It looks like you have enough surface coverage to daylight at 4:1 though...you're not short?

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Hello... Sorry for the late answer.Yes my EG is enough for 4:1 fill slope..Actually this is a tutorial for me and i often face this situation in other projects So i need to solve this.just...Assume that the typical fill slope is 60:1 . I tried even by breaking the target but no succes yet..I want my daylight to target the boundary of my daylight both horizontal and vertical if it can't target my EG with 60:1 fill slope.

Thanks,

umit

Message 13 of 13
fcernst

Yes, you're right. The Overide Maximum Slope option is not working. It is not pinning the daylight slope down to the Target surface at ROW Offset Target. 

I offsetted a polyline 0.1' inside the Target surface border to be used as the ROW Offset target, just to be safe.

I will submit this as a Suport Case.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report