Resetting your local newsreader file ensures that existing messages continue to thread correctly. Please rest your local file now.
For Outlook Express (for each newsgroup your subscribed to):
1. Right click on the newsgroup you want to reset and select 'Properties'.
2. Select the ' Local File ' tab
3. Click ' Reset ' then 'OK'.
4. Double click the newsgroup you would like to download, or click on 'Tools' then 'Synchronize All'.
As an alternative you can also unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the newsgroups you participate in.
For Mozilla Thunderbird:
You need to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the newsgroups you want to reset.
1. Right click on the group you want to unsubscribe to, and click ' unsubscribe '.
2. Re-subscribe by clicking on ' File ', then subscribe. To the available newsgroups
Why is this necessary?
We've moved to a single database serving both the web browser and newsreader interfaces (http & nntp). Message IDs that newsreaders use for tracking & organizing content changed in the new database. We understand the inconvenience, but after careful consideration deemed it unavoidable. The single database structure improves performance for the forums and eliminates all message synchronization issues.
If you have any questions about the update, please submit feedback to the discussion group team at http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-feedback or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eric Wright & Bill Johnston
Autodesk Discussion Groups