Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AECOBJECTEXPLODE changing elevations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
theminiguy
327 Views, 2 Replies

AECOBJECTEXPLODE changing elevations

AECOBJEXPLODE appears to be broken.  I have been fighting this for months and just now put two and two together. It appears to be a Civil 3D 2013 problem. 

The Issue

I have a Civil 3D surface I need to explode so I can send contours to a client.  image002.png

Here the Civil 3D Surface reports the correct elevations

image003.png

This is the surface elevation after I used AECOBJEXPLODE.  The units of the drawing have been changed to “Architectural” as well.

image004.png

This the same surface if I simply explode it twice.  The contours are correct.

Has anyone seen this before, and is ther a fix for it, i have been able to replicate this on many PC and it seems to be limited to Imperial units.

Cheers

Paul

~~Laptop~~
Quad Core 2.3GHz Intel, 64-Bit, Win 7
16GB Ram, 2GB Graphics Card
256GB SSD

~~AU2009 Speaker~~
CV314-5: AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Design Straight Out of the Box: Going Where the Design Wizards Can't Always Go .....
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: theminiguy

Using C3D2013SP2 here, and I cannot duplicate this behavior. Just curious, if you run the command AECDWGUNITSSETUP, is the "Drawing Units" set to Feet? I changed mine to various settings and still does not change the elevation of an "exploded" contour line. Not sure what else it might be. Do you have a small sample drawing with a surface you can upload for testing here?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
jmayo-EE
in reply to: theminiguy

If you just need pline contours the Exact Objects command form the contextual surface ribbon tab will not produce the error.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report