Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AASHTO - Canadian Equivalent?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Styphelus
2383 Views, 26 Replies

AASHTO - Canadian Equivalent?

Hi,

In our LDD version we have Canadian speed tables and standards that we use when creating super elevations. However, in Civil 3D, it seems that we are restricted to using the default AASHTO standards.

Is there an add on or a way to add Canadian standards (in metric) to Civil 3D?

Thank,
Mike
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
jwhal
in reply to: Styphelus

I will look at that. Thanks!!
Message 22 of 27
c3dlearner

The new version with the fix that removes the Russian Toolpalette has been uploaded onto Autodesk.com
If you are planning to install this, and had the other version…you need to uninstall the old kit first…then install the new one.

The Pay Item issue will still exist on XP and you may need to browse the file for one time and save

Regards,
C3DL
Message 23 of 27
alexbalcome

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 x64, and am trying to install the Canada - Ontario country pack from the 2010 version as I would like access to the TAC tables. The installer completes however adds no files to the system, not even the setup log. I am using 64bit Vista. Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks,
Alex
Message 24 of 27
randyspear6624

There's a few problems with the MTO styles kit...

1. The MTO design standard is Bentley InRoads so although work can be done in C3D, ultimately the raw data has to be transfered over to inroads eventually.
  2. The MTO has just recently moved to AutoCAD 2009 as it's platform and they tend to stick with a version longer than other organizations (which recently is proving to be a smart move in my opinion)
  3. Because MTO is one of our larger clients we tend to upgrade when they do, and i know this is similar for other transportation consultants in ontario. That being said, unlike autocad a c3d.dwt is useless in a previous version (even when it is in the same "3year platform")
  4. Starting an alignment with a spiral isn't possibile until C3D 2011, although most MTO work is centered around an interchange and the ramp alignments often start in spriral. So even if the MTO design standard was C3D, you'd need 2011 to do to a complete design package. (i'm sure people have developed workarounds for this already)

This all sounds quite negative but i dont' intend it to be nor am i trying to promote Inroads. I was actually in search of an MTO C3D 2009.dwt when i came across this thread so i thought i would point out some facts.

Message 25 of 27

Also, for those wondering about the mtoeng.shx, this font is the same as romans. It was initially created to input symbols in text before autocad had that capability. Nowadays, it causes more grief than anything and we tend to use romans with no complaints from the MTO.

Message 26 of 27
LeafRiders
in reply to: alexbalcome

For those who work and live outside the center of the universe of Ontario, up north in Canada. The focus is on access the TAC design standards, not neccessarily the Ontario MTO requirements and needs.

My question is why can't Autodesk release the standard version of Civil 3D with the TAC (Canadian) standards available similar to AASHTO? We are now onto Civil 3D 2011 and 2012, why can't there be a dropdown with TAC standards available. Have the user specify this at the time of installation.

Especially since we've identified all the work was done in 2010 and issued as the "Ontario support pack"?

All I know is that BC and SK are both looking for valid options for Civil 3D that meets their design criteria. Having TAC readily available would help. Maybe Autodesk could put one of their guys on this for a couple weeks and get the Canadian Standards in place for future C3D releases?

Message 27 of 27
jefflyons2968
in reply to: c3dlearner

I have just posted the TAC 1999 Tables that were requested in another link.  It was provided to Autodesk January 16, 2013.  A designer has verified they work as per TAC standards.  Attached are the updated tables.

--Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report