Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A on daylighting question

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
341 Views, 6 Replies

A on daylighting question

Please i am quite new with civil 3D. How do i achieve the daylighting represented in the attached autocad drawing. i will be grateful if my question is answered.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

That question sort of sounds like, "I don't know how....teach me." You're more likely to get help in this forum if you get to a certain point and then ask a specific question.

You can find lots of help on YouTube. Here is a good video by SGT Hawk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mzTpgKguI

Good luck,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
JA5.15
in reply to: tcorey

I'd have to agree, your question is far too broad to be answered in any detail. I'll give you this; You will need to have an EG surface, create an alignment, a profile, and an assembly (including conditional sub-assemblies). Use these objects to create a corridor which will contain the daylighting data. You can have the corridor create feature lines and surfaces which you can then use for various purposes. If you don't know what these any of these terms are, or how to create them in Civil3d, then you have a starting point for some more specific research.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JA5.15

I know what all those are. I can handle it to the point of daylighting. I am nt just sure which daylight will give me exactly what I want.
thanks
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the reply. My question specifically, is on daylighting. I know how to build the the corridor model up to the point of daylighting. I know also how to daylight to an extent; but I am not too sure on the exact daylight to use to get the exact scenario I drafted in the drawing
Message 6 of 7
dbinkney

What are you trying to do exactly?  Extract the daylight line from your grading?  You say you want it to match what you drafted.  Does that mean you drew in what you thought the daylight should be (an arthimetic exercise) and now you want to see if the graded elements match?

Are you grading up or down?  Elevation to surface? Surface to surface?

Message 7 of 7
tcorey

Use a LinkWidthandSlope for the .5 meter section next to the shoulder and then DaylightMaxOffset can be used to create the daylight links. It will automatically cut or fill based on whether the end of the .5 link is above or below the surface.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report