Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A different Trapezoid Sub-Assembly problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KansasCAD
499 Views, 3 Replies

A different Trapezoid Sub-Assembly problem

Hello,
I thought I was getting this trapezoid thing figured out for my gravel shoulders until I had to use two of them for the widening at a bridge approach. In the attached image I have attached two trapezoid subassemblies to each other. The first one is attached to my pavement with a bottom slope of 2% and a top slope of 4%. I had this working ok. Then I attached another one with a bottom slope of 2% and a top slope of 10% from the guardrail to the hinge point. The top of both of these are gray. The pink line represents my datum and seems to be working ok. The problem is the top surface (created from the corridor) is skipping the middle point between the two pieces of gravel shoulder.

Could someone give me some tips on naming the points and the links of this trapezoid to make it work. I have tried looking at other shoulder assemblies to copy off of but they all seem to skip the point P1 and what it is mapped to.

Thank you,

Daryl Standrich
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KansasCAD
in reply to: KansasCAD

Is everyone already gone for the weekend?

Anyone?
Message 3 of 4
KansasCAD

Hello again,

I am still needing some help on this. I am getting multiple errors at each section in the event viewer. The error reads as follows:
10+55.31': Target object not found
Outside Elevation

Offset: 13.00'
Elevation: 1463.17'
Corridor: 199th Street West
Baseline: 199th St W
Alignment: 199th St W
Profile: FGLayout
Assembly: 199th-Main
Assembly Baseline:
Subassembly Group: Right
Local Subassembly Name: Gravel Shoulder
Global Subassembly Name: Shoulder-Right
Assembly: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2008\enu\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll
.Net Class: Subassembly.ShapeTrapezoidal
Source: ShapeTrapezoidal

It seems that the trapezoidal sub-assembly might be the reason for the error but I am not sure. I am not stretching the pavement at this area and 13' happens to be the default width where the shoulder (trapezoidal) attaches.

Does someone have an example using the trapezoidal of what the points and links could be set to? I know someone is going to say set them to anything you want, but I am getting all the errors so I have apparently done something wrong.

Thank you,

Daryl Standrich
Message 4 of 4
civco

I would like some help with this subassembly.  I want to stack two on top of each other.  If I use one it works okay but when I put another one under it, it is ignored.  The help files do not give any advise on how to code the links etc. Could use any input anyone has. 

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report