Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit C3D 2009 - MrSID file & Object enabler

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
wdbar
1067 Views, 22 Replies

64 bit C3D 2009 - MrSID file & Object enabler

Has anyone had any luck with the 64bit version of the Raster Object enabler that allows you to import *.SID images? The installation of the 64 bit version of the Object Enabler gives me an error saying I don't have permission on my computer. I'm thinking maybe it's because I'm using Win 7 and it may be written for Vista.

Any help is appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
mboex
in reply to: wdbar

It works if you install the 32-bit version of the Object Enabler, since C3D is a 32-bit app. I had the same problem on my 64-bit W7 computer Edited by: mboex@bonestroo.com on Mar 4, 2010 2:42 PM
Message 3 of 23
c.bergthold

I ran across the same thing what is the 64-bit version for?
Cory
Cory
Message 4 of 23
wdbar

hmm.. I get the same error msg when trying to install the 32 bit version too. Obviously this is problem is isolated to my computer. After the enabler is installed are you able to Map\Import the SID files? That's my intention. I can Data connect to them but need a bit more versatility in trimming or cropping them.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous

On 3/4/2010 9:48 AM, CBESS wrote:

> I ran across the same thing what is the 64-bit version for?

Likely for 64bit AutoCAD installs.

Terry
--
Never start any job without the right tools!
AutoCAD Add-on Tools at http://www.dotsoft.com
Message 6 of 23
c.bergthold

Did you "Run as Administrator"?

Cory
Cory
Message 7 of 23
wdbar

Bingo!!! Thanks alot! You saved me some Google time. And it was right there in front of my face the whole time...lol.
Message 8 of 23
wdbar

Actually, I jumped the gun. I am able to complete the installation of the 32bit OE but I get an error when inserting the SID file and C3D crashes. I cannot install the 64 bit OE though because I get another permission error regarding the registry.

So, the 32 bit OE does not seem to work properly for my 64 bit Civil 3D install in Win 7. Once I troubleshoot the registry issue, I'm hoping it will fix itself by installing the 64 bit version.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous

On 3/4/2010 11:46 AM, wdbar wrote:

> So, the 32 bit OE does not seem to work properly for my 64 bit Civil
> 3D install in Win 7.

Unless your running some future version, your C3D is 32bit.

Terry
--
Never start any job without the right tools!
AutoCAD Add-on Tools at http://www.dotsoft.com
Message 10 of 23
wdbar

I am aware of that, but I believe the 64 bit install structures it's directories different than a 32 bit install ( the x86 folders, etc). So there is a 32bit and 64bit OE available. I'm just having problems on my end (permissions, etc.)
Message 11 of 23
GlennPope

Its not based on the OS its which version of AutoCAD your using. I have the same setup as you. Civil 3D 2010, Windows 7 64bit, Raster Design OE 32bit. Works fine.

Sounds like your issue is a bad install. May need to repair your install. Also make sure your using the correct year. The 2010 OE doesn't work with 2009 C3D.
Glenn Pope
Civil Designer/CAD Manager
Green Civil Design
Message 12 of 23
wdbar

Thanks, Glenn. I've verified the yr, etc. I'm hoping...no praying that I don't have to reinstall. Truthfully, I can reboot in XP and it works fine. I'll keep digging and maybe try another install on another Win 7 computer to see if the problem is isolated to my computer.
Message 13 of 23
c.bergthold

Civil 3D 2009 MAPIINSERT had problems,I believe if you ignore through the errors it will insert the image.

Cory
Cory
Message 14 of 23
c.bergthold

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=11914640&linkID=9240617

This may help explain it.

Cory
Cory
Message 15 of 23
mboex

This may seem obvious but did you make sure you comletely uninstalled the 64-bit OE before trying to install the 32-bit version. I forgot to do that and had problems installing the 32-bit version. Once the 64 was removed, all was fine.
Message 16 of 23
mspatz

We got the 32-bit Object Enabler to install but we can't insert MrSID files; it gives errors. If you click "Ignore" enough it goes through and inserts the image but the image is not georeferenced. Does this sound like what everyone else is experiencing? Does anyone know of a fix?

I noticed in the support 'article':
Note: The Map Image Insert command (MAPIINSERT) does not work when AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 is run on a 64-bit operating system.

I was thinking of trying FULL Raster Design but fear it will have the same issue.
Message 17 of 23
wdbar

How do you uninstall the enabler? I did NOT uninstall. I just keep trying to install over it.

It's the Raster OE that I am installing into C3D (not Map3D...although may be same issues).

*edit: Nevermind. It's as simple is uninstalling from your control panel. I've loaded the 32bit version and get error messages when loading the SID file and if I choose 'retry' I crash, however, I if choose 'ignore' it eventually loads.

It's a sloppy fix, but I'll take it. No glitches in XP, which is good because most of our users are on XP right now.

Thanks, guys. Edited by: wdbar on Mar 5, 2010 5:42 AM
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous

Yup, that is what we get. We are installing on Civil 3D as well, which is
built on Map 3D so the note in the support article applies.

We are trying to move to Win 7 64-bit so I need to figure out something. We
can use the Map FDO data connect but that has issues in 2009; image stylizes
on the current layer when the user opens the drawing. Makes it hard to
manage...

Did anyone have success if they install the full Raster Design instead of
relying on the Object Enabler?
Message 19 of 23
GlennPope

The error is a know issue with running Map or C3D 2009 on 64bit systems or 32bit systems with the 3GB switch enabled. This was fixed for the 2010 versions. I hadn't had the issue with the image not being georeferenced tho. Just had to hit the ignore button 6 or 7 times.
Glenn Pope
Civil Designer/CAD Manager
Green Civil Design
Message 20 of 23
wdbar

I am able to use the Map Insert option from that Map pull down menu in Civil3D. It recognizes the SID format and will load in fine. I just have to IGNORE the error messages.

I'm using Civil3D 2009 with the 64bit install. The Raster Object Enabler 32 bit version. Win 7 64 bit.

Like I said, it's sloppy but works. I can clip my image, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report