Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

54" Pipe Needed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
joenew$1
306 Views, 1 Reply

54" Pipe Needed

I need 54" Pipe for a water line I am designing but C3D 2013 Pressure Pipes only goes up to 48".

Is there a way to create a 54" Pressure Pipe that behaves the same way that the other Pipes

do in the C3D 2013 Pressure Pipe program?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wfberry
in reply to: joenew$1

Joe:

I finally go around to trying something.  Here is what I came up with.  The HELP (may it rest in peace) says that we cannot add a size but we can change an existing one.  I can only assume you can do this since I am using 2014.

1.  I opened up the Catalog Editor (You will find this within the START menu under Programs-> Autodesk->Autocad Civil 2013-> Content Catlog Editor.

2.  I used Flanged Piping and picked out a size that I did not need.  Changed all the required information

(I.E., inside diam, wall thickness, outside diam, etc. and made a 54" Pressure Pipe like you wanted.

You need to set the Catalog Current (the one we used above.)

I drew a profile for ONE PIPE, NO Fittings.  Added a second pipe and it seemed to work.  Obviously, the fittings must be changed if you need some.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report