Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dconfig

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sjg
Advisor
1679 Views, 6 Replies

3dconfig

New laptop windows 7, 64 bit, intel HD graphics, civil3d 2011, here is my 3dconfig tune log.  You will notice that nothing is available.  Everything was good until i did some updates through subscription center, now i am unable to enable hardware accelerator and the only thing in the current effect status is the Gooch Hardware shader.  Did I do something wrong?  Updated the performance tuner, but nothing.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sjg

What driver version are you using?  There is only 1 driver version supported by Autodesk of the graphics card you are using: 

Intel Driver Release 15215 [8.15.10.2266]

Source: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

My additional 2cents: Any built-in card is only "good enough" for CAD work, not great.  If you have any choice at all in getting a better video card that does not share memory (as Intel cards do) I would recommend going with ATI or NVIDIA.

Message 3 of 7
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

My Intel HD driver version is 8.15.10.2321, which is not listed.  Would any of the the updates and extension for 2011 affect the graphics.  Would the order i do the updates affect anything. 

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 7
hgohel

Hmm.  The performance tuner was unable to identify your graphics hardware and that's probably the starting point of the problems.  So what exactly is your graphics hardware?  Does Windows 7 recognize i properly?  Did you recently update your graphics drivers?

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I'm dealing with the same issue.

The Intel HD Graphics built into the P6100 processor is NOT being recognized by Autocad 2011.

The mentioned driver version doesn't help either.

PLZ someone help. 2D drawings with lots of lines etc are awful slow...

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

probably need to upgrade your graphics card to an AMD or Nvidia

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for advice. It's a laptop. So there is no way to upgade.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report