Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d poly section lisp?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
randyspear6624
495 Views, 2 Replies

3d poly section lisp?

I thought I would get a better response in this forum..

I've been asked to help a few of our Carlson users make the transition from Carlson to C3D.

One of the features that they really love about Carlson is that you can create a section of multiple 3d polylines in a few clicks without creating a surface.

My first proposed solution was to convert them to feature lines and then draw another crossing feature line within the same site and then create a quick profile of it. All the verticies and crossing verticies were correct in the elevation editor but the quick profile still ignores the crossing verticies. We could then add verticies to that feature line but at this point we've already doubled the amount of input required compared to carlson.

The next option is to create an alignment crossing the 3d poly's, then create a profile view, then project the 3d poly's  to it but you'd still have to join the dots.

So my next solution was to simply find a lisp program that would do this (as I have  seen it in the past). I did find one but you were required to put the 3d poly's on specific layers.

Does anyone have something that they wouldn't mind sharing?

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
~Opie
in reply to: randyspear6624

Do you still have a link to that other lisp program? The layer requirement could easily be changed / removed if the source is available.
Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: randyspear6624

Hi Randy,

I'm happy to help anyone who is moving users from Carlson to Autodesk. 😉

Can you give me more details, like the exact output you expect. Maybe a video of how this works and the output in Carlson or a PDF with screen shots and step-by-step instructions in Carlson.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report