Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Civil UI?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
EMDerm
332 Views, 6 Replies

3D Civil UI?

Is there a way to revert the Userface back to a previous version of CAD, specifically 2008 and simplify the visual effects?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: EMDerm

In some ways yes. You can uncheck everything in VTOPTIONS. You can change thing in the Visual EffectsSettings dialog from the Selection tab in Options. You can uncheck anything you don't like on the Drafting tab in Options. There are things on the 3D Modeling tab, the User Preferences tab and of course the Display tab. There is no [REVERT] button.

I don't turn off everything. I'm getting used to the Ribbon, grudgingly. But I find some of the new stuff handy. If you get stuck on one particular thing. Post on that or those.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
JeffPaulsen

Take a look at this blog:

http://www.blog.cadnauseam.com/2011/04/14/autocad-2012-putting-things-back-to-normal/

Note that you will not find any new (2010+) Civil 3D commands in the pull down menus. You will have to get them from the Ribbon or type them.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 4 of 7
EMDerm
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Thanks,

I like the blog and has some good work arounds.  When you updated to 3D Civil, do you lose the classic dynamic blocks?  I am using a trail version before we buy it, that said: Are Dynamic Blocks a think of the past?

Regards

Message 5 of 7
JeffPaulsen

We are using C3D 2012 and all of our dynamic blocks still work. I have not heard of anything that is going to replace them.

Jeff Paulsen
Message 6 of 7
EMDerm

We lost the dynamic blocks associated with the 2008 tool palette, or we can find them.  In addition, the dynamic blocks form 2008 version are removed by CAD when we open files in 2012 or try in impute the file as a block. 

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
JeffPaulsen

I would suggest starting a new thread since this is a new issue.

Jeff Paulsen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report