Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Civil 3D crash

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
nathan.hendrickson
2626 Views, 25 Replies

2015 Civil 3D crash

When I click on "custom" annotation scale it crashes every single time.  Is this a known bug? 

Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

I would do a reinstall of C3D. It worked at my end. Odd. 

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
Message 22 of 26
CADmgrMike
in reply to: TCARCAMO78

TCARCAM078,

Tried second workaround on both templates. same issue.

I uninstalled on multiple pc's several times and reinstalled.

The only thing that seems to work is installing only C3D and no other part of the suite, but that wasn't the case with my reseller.

The other strange thing is if I start a new drawing using acad.dwt, it works fine, but not with either of the C3D templates.

That was the same with my reseller.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 23 of 26
gjcbachman

The problem is we don't have 2014 installed any more and we have 5 computers in 4 different offices and we all are having the problem so I don't see how it can be an install problem.  One of our installs got corrupted when 2014 was uninstalled after 2015 was installed.  His computer had to be completely stripped of all Autodesk software before the install of 2015 would even work.  His comptuer still crashes when he tries to customize the scales so a clean install didn't help him.  Running audit has worked so far but it doesn't sound like it's a permanent fix.  I will be sure to save before I try it.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 24 of 26
TCARCAMO78
in reply to: gjcbachman

When you go into your C3D graphic performance settings, is your video card up todate? If not it will show a star symbol which means you have a certified video card to be installed. 

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
Message 25 of 26
gjcbachman

We have a big issue with "certified graphics cards".  We bought 2 computers last fall with cards certified in C3D 2014.  Another computer we have did not have a certified card.  When we got C3D 2015 the 2 newer computer graphics cards are not longer certified but the older computers card is.  Either way all 3 computers have the crashing problem.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 26 of 26
Cadguru42
in reply to: gjcbachman

@gjcbachman wrote:

The problem is we don't have 2014 installed any more and we have 5 computers in 4 different offices and we all are having the problem so I don't see how it can be an install problem.  One of our installs got corrupted when 2014 was uninstalled after 2015 was installed.  His computer had to be completely stripped of all Autodesk software before the install of 2015 would even work.  His comptuer still crashes when he tries to customize the scales so a clean install didn't help him.  Running audit has worked so far but it doesn't sound like it's a permanent fix.  I will be sure to save before I try it.

Strange. I have IDSP 2015 installed and I don't see this problem, but do have the other 30+ issues.

EDIT: I take that back. I have the issue when I use the OOTB templates, also. My template was created from the no template option, then I did the import styles from my 2014 templates. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report