Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 VS 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
434 Views, 2 Replies

2014 VS 2015

I am currently running c3d 2014.

Generally used for new subdivisions, site plans and road reconstruction work.

Is there anything in the 2015 program that would make a difference in drawing production time/quality?

Upgrading every year is too much of a pain. If there is enough of a reason I'll consider it.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

I use IDSP. That isn't posted on Subscription yet. until I can see what has been fixed (and what's been broken). It's hard to make that call. I have heard that there have been improvements in QTO. More work may need to be done. But it wasn't any use for some things in 2014 and before.

I usually wait until the fall to upgrade the department. By then most of the quirks have shone up and we've probably seen the first Service Pack.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Anonymous

To be honest I haven't really used 2014 in anger despite having had it for a year. That being said there wan nothing marvellous in 2014.

2015 seems to have a few new features but under the hood there a quite a few bug fixes.

As always it's one of those building block releases which in the background has areas of code changed for new features comming behind the scenes.

I have been running it for a while now in pre release and found little I could fault. Not saying there aren't any bugs but I think it will be one of those builds which is very stable. Time will tell.

I wouldn't migrate any current projects but consider using it on new ones.
Particularly if you have deigns with revit structure 3dsolids.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report