Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 River analysis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rhschneider
298 Views, 4 Replies

2014 River analysis

When trying to pick reach lenghts where object is an arc, the result show a tangent to the arc?

Need help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rhschneider

With some applications I need polylines from these lines and curves. I then use the Create 3D polyline from 2D polyline command,..then the Create 2d polyline from 3d polyline command to convert the pline back with the curves broken into chords. I will then use the Weed FeatureLine command to remove as many vertices.

After all that I typically get geometry that converts and measure better for Hec Ras. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Replace the first 'need' above with 'create' so it reads better. 😮

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
rhschneider

Thanks John. I won't get to it until Friday, but will let you know.

Message 5 of 5
rhschneider

John:

It worked. I guess that's why you are the "expert elite"!

BTW is there any publication that is more detailed than the 2014 user's guide? I am fairly proficient in Civil 3D and long time user of HECRAS. The trouble Im having is marrying the two. (Would settle for an engagement).

For instance, when I am inputing Bridge data, I want to input road data. I am user EG sutface to cut stations--is there any way to cut road an have it automatically entered? When using "Draw Road it says "pick". Pick from what? All I have is the downstream section I extracted from surface.

**** Schneider, P.E.

Project Manager

KAPUR & ASSOCIATES, INC.
10101 Market Street, Ste C20, Rothschild, Wisconsin 54474

main 715-359-9668 Ext. 4005 | fax 715-359-4844 | cell 715-573-1269
www.kapurengineers.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report