Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Pipe network: pipe styles change with Sync

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
rkmcswain
2479 Views, 22 Replies

2014 Pipe network: pipe styles change with Sync

Using 2014 SP1, we have “Parent” drawing and “Child” drawing, both were started from the same template. Parent contains a pipe network, with a data shortcut created for it.

We open “Child” drawing and d-ref in this pipe network, taking care to select the proper Parts List – and everything looks great.  But, the first time we sync the pipe network, the style assigned to the pipes changes (to something unwanted).

We have:

• Deleted the pipe network from “Child” and re-referenced it in.
  • Ensured that both drawings are associated to the same project
  • Went back to “Parent” and deleted the d-ref from the list and created it again.

....and nothing works.

Then I open “Child” in 2013 SP2, delete the pipe network, create the d-ref to it again then sync. The styles DO NOT change, and everything is fine.

So what is the difference between 2014 SP1 and 2013 SP2?

Why are the styles changing in 2014 only?

TIA

(FWIW, I have researched a few threads here and at augi regarding the possibility that the two drawings do not share the same parts list, etc. - and have taken care to make sure that is not the cause in this case)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yep, it's broke in 2015 as well.
Todd Rogers
Message 22 of 23
JA5.15
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

This is a major PITA. I would prefer to have the option to synchronize and either synchronize w/ styles or synchronize and maintain ex. styles, somewhat like the visretain variable for xrefs. Although I guess I would just settle for functional synchronization...although I don't expect to see that for a couple of years, if ever. Must be nice to have a monopoly on the industry.

Message 23 of 23
tgicam
in reply to: JA5.15

It looks like this has been fixed with Civil 2014 SP2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report