Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Data Shortcuts and Superimposed Profiles

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
sfuller
1015 Views, 12 Replies

2014 Data Shortcuts and Superimposed Profiles

We have been using Civil 3d since 2010.  With each new version our process has remained the same and has worked.

Since moving to 2014, our superimposed profiles that are data shortcuted in to drawings are corrupting our drawings.  After data shortcuting a supermiposed profile, save the drawing and close the drawing.  When we go back in the drawing it tells us we have to run recover on the drawing and fatal errors. Once we run a recover on the drawing our data shortcuted superimposed profiles turn in to an acad_proxy_entity. (Each street gets its own drawing file. Our alignments and profiles are created and data shortcuted from the same drawing.)  I tried even promoting the superimposed profile into the sheet drawing, I get the same result.

This is the 2nd project it has happened on.  The first on it happened on it was a project that was started in civil 3d 2013 and moved to 2014.  I thought perhaps it was just a hiccup between versions (We reverted back to 2013 to finish that project).  Now it has happened in a project that was created only in 2014.

Anyone else runing into this issue?  Anyone have an idea on how to fix it?

We are running Civil 3d 2014 with sp1. (It did this also prior to sp1 being installed)

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
CADmgrMike
in reply to: sfuller

Not much help, but I just ran into this issue myself.

It allowed me to data shortcut the superimposed profile, but when I tried to data reference it into my sheet, it didnt' work.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 3 of 13
CADmgrMike
in reply to: CADmgrMike

Just tried it again using a suggestion on another post.

I created the superimposed profile in the same drawing where the alignment was created.

Data shorcutting superimposed profile worked.

Data referencing superimposed profile into sheet worked.

Closed sheet and reopened.

KABOOM!!

Warning pops up that drawing was created in newer version of C3D (Everything has been done in 2014) and turned superimposed profile into proxy entity.

Go figure???

Mike Porter
Message 4 of 13
Cadguru42

@CADmgrMike wrote:

Just tried it again using a suggestion on another post.

I created the superimposed profile in the same drawing where the alignment was created.

Data shorcutting superimposed profile worked.

Data referencing superimposed profile into sheet worked.

Closed sheet and reopened.

KABOOM!!

Warning pops up that drawing was created in newer version of C3D (Everything has been done in 2014) and turned superimposed profile into proxy entity.

Go figure???

Did you submit this as a SR to Autodesk? 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 13
CADmgrMike
in reply to: Cadguru42

Just did.

Mike Porter
Message 6 of 13
sirjoelsph

Mike,

I'm getting this exact behavior myself now (2014 SP2).  Did you get a response from Autodesk or have a case number that I can reference when submitting to them myself?

-JOEL
Message 7 of 13
nbogan87
in reply to: sirjoelsph

Same issue here. I'm trying to use the superimposed profile for a Corridor and every time I reopen the corridor drawing there is an issue with the data referenced superimposed profile

Message 8 of 13
kcobabe

Just a question, but why are you data referencing into a sheet file?  Ever since Autodesk added the ability to label xrefs this should not really be needed.  You should only need to data shortcut into a base file.  Just my .02

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 9 of 13
sfuller
in reply to: kcobabe

We do not xref our profiles. We data reference the design profiles in to our construction drawings and setup the profile views in each sheet.  We use the plan production so it sets this up for us.

Message 10 of 13
DAVIDFAN

Has this problem been solved? I have the same issue now.

Message 11 of 13
CADmgrMike
in reply to: DAVIDFAN

I haven't tried it in 2015, but there's been no fix for 2014 that I'm aware of.

I just shot myself in the foot by forgetting this was an issue and doing it again in a project. Smiley Mad

Mike Porter
Message 12 of 13
emmott.kelsey

Same issue in 2015 SP1.

Message 13 of 13
CNinBC

we have the same issue here with Civil 3D 2015 SP3. is there any solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report