Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Bug with Pipe Network Structure Profile Label

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cshumake
1860 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Bug with Pipe Network Structure Profile Label

Water main pipe network profile labels for structures do not attach to the structure properly in C3D 2014 (this same label style works fine in all previous versions of the software, through the 2013 release). The labels come into the drawing at a northing of 0 rather than attaching to the structure itself. However, if you grip edit and reset the labels, they reset to their correct attachment point. Additionally, if you attempt to grip edit the profile labels with Ortho mode on, it moves the label back to a northing of 0. I've created a new block for the structure, but that does not resolve the issue.

I've included a link to a Chronicle video that demonstrates the label behavior. Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated.

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/4146f26d-53a5-4563-a36b-67e4ad0530a6

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alg_v-k
in reply to: cshumake

Is it 0 North or the 0 elev of your profile view?

Sounds like problem I just had.

Old labels worked from old version, but when brought up it rests defualfts I believe for the Pipe Network Feature Settings.

Edit Feature Settigns for for your Pipe Network.

Edit Defualt Profile Label Placement

Anchor Option for Structures and Structural Label Placement

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5
cshumake
in reply to: alg_v-k

It moves the labels to 0 north. I created a new block that is a very slim polygon, and that seems to have fixed the issue. There's something about using a block created from a simple line that seems to be causing the problem. The Autodesk Technical team has reported it as a bug, so it'll be curious to see if it is resolved in a service pack or future release. Thanks for the feedback.

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE

😞

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
MikeKitchen5860

I am having the same problem. However, I have no blocks in my label. The intent was just to have label of the rim elevation of a manhole placed above the structure. This was after using a second label to place other data elsewhere on the structure (this label worked fine). I tried just creating a new label style from scratch using a text component anchored to <Feature> at anchor point "Label Location." This inserts label at zero northing. I tried copying my label that works (this uses a line component and expression to inser the text centred vertically along the structure) - this copied label also inserts at zero northing. Am I missing a setting? Can individual structure only have one label in a profile view?

The reason I'd like to have the two separate labels is to allow one or the other to be moved around easily if there are conflicts. I suppose one could use a data band... But still, I'd like to know why this doesn't work!

Thanks

Mike Kitchen

Civil 3D 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report