Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 bug - Function Key toggles

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
sboon
1911 Views, 9 Replies

2013 bug - Function Key toggles

I typically use the function keys to toggle osnap, polar, orthomode etc. on & off.  Now what happens is that when I use any function key it changes the setting for the previous F-key press.  It does this once, then reverts to normal behaviour.  For example:

F3     Osnap On

F3     Osnap Off

F3     Osnap On

F10   Osnap Off

F10   Polar On

F10   Polar Off

F8     Polar On

F8     Ortho On

Is anyone else seeing this, or am I the only one?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: sboon

Hi,

never heard (again) and sorry, I can't help as I have no solution for this.

But I have >>>this thread<<< and you (and sue) should compare all of your settings, beginning from hardware to operating-system to AutoCAD-settings as you have the same problem.

Let us know if there is a solution on that!

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
JetlineElectrical

Yes, you have documented the problem better than myself.  It is EXACTLY as you describe it.

Message 4 of 10

Thank-you, and I may have some ideas to share later when time permits.

Message 5 of 10
avenneman
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I just started using Civil3D on daily basis, I'm not a newbie to Autodesk products, I'm having same problem. Any solution?

Message 6 of 10
troma
in reply to: avenneman

When I had this problem:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2011/F3-F9-F10-getting-confused/m-p/3570874

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/F3-F9-F10-getting-confused-C3D/m-p/3577712

I found that it was related to a floating commandline.  Re-docking stopped it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 10
cldehart

I am having the exact same issue.  And my command line is docked.  When I use two function keys in a row the second function key picks the first.  i am using logitech keyboard and mouse with set point.

Message 8 of 10
TylerMelancon
in reply to: cldehart

This bug is DRIVING ME CRAZY!! I upgraded my CAD department from 2000 to 2014 and this function bug is really starting to get annoying. Sometimes we can go a week without the bug then other times it happens every other drawing and we keep having to "X" out and reopen. We each work with dozens of drawings daily and this has become a nuisance..

I emailed Autodesk and am in touch with a MR. Daniel who said they are working on it but are having trouble recreating the bug. I have assessed my codes, all my function keys are assigned properly, and the function keys work properly in any other program. I maximize my design space so I have no command line, have been drafting that way forever. I just dont need it. However, I have other CAD guys that have floating, and docked command lines and it is giving all 4 of our stations trouble.

At first, I thought I was the only one and was getting suggestions that my coding was conflicting. Now that more and more threads are coming out and people are experiencing the same issue, it has becoma a CAD-ademic!

I am using Dell wireless mouse with Microsoft Opitcal Mouse. Other CAD guys are using some wired and some wireless. We are are experiencing this bug. So that cannot be the case.

ANY HELP! ANYTHING!! IM HERE!! THANKS!

Message 9 of 10
csevers

I am having the same issues. However, it does not seem to be a bug, it seems more like a they changed the toggle operation, although I cannot figure out why.

The first toggle you hit, lets call it ortho, always toggles the previous toggle you activated or deactivated, lets say osnap. Subsequent toggles of ortho will then toggle ortho. 

So if I just turned ortho off, and there are no toggles activated, the next toggle, no matter which one, lets say osnap, will reactivate ortho, and subsequent activations of that toggle, osnap, will toggle osnap.

I cannot see the advantage of this, it forces me to toggle about 2x as much.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 10 of 10
TylerMelancon
in reply to: csevers

Have you typed "CUI" and checked what your function keys were set to?
Sometimes these may get changed depeneding on who manages the CAD files and
such.

Again like you said nobody knows why one wouod alter this. Give it a shot,
yours may be an easy fix if they are swapped.

Tyler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report