Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Hatch - No Area Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Cadguru42
2392 Views, 5 Replies

2013 Hatch - No Area Problem

I've attached a screen shot showing an issue I've come across.  It's not a big deal, but very strange.  I've got a hatch, that when you list or look at its properties, it has no area.  I've done an audit (no errors reported or fixed) and restarted C3D, yet this one hatch still reports an area of 0.  I wonder if this is related to the problem in 2013 with polylines that sometimes won't offset correctly?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Cadguru42

I don't see this issue.  I opened 2013 and when I hatched a closed polyline, my properties pallette shows a hatch area, see attached image.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

@LisaPohlmeyer wrote:

I don't see this issue.  I opened 2013 and when I hatched a closed polyline, my properties pallette shows a hatch area, see attached image.

This same drawing has around 10 to 15 hatches.  This is the only one that refuses to show its area.  I just thought it was strange. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 6
dgordon

I've seen this before in 2011 even.   It's pretty random.   If you still need the area of the hatch try creating a boundary from the hatch and then take the area of that.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 6
t_mckenzie

I've had this happen in 2009, and the solution was to recreate the boundary to be a closed polyline.

I had this happen to me and the issue, at least for my problem, was that the hatched area wasn't completely closed (either when I selected a polyline or if I selected pick points).

Hope this helps,

-Tucker

Message 6 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: t_mckenzie

@t_mckenzie wrote:

I've had this happen in 2009, and the solution was to recreate the boundary to be a closed polyline.

I had this happen to me and the issue, at least for my problem, was that the hatched area wasn't completely closed (either when I selected a polyline or if I selected pick points).

Hope this helps,

-Tucker

I created the hatch by selecting the closed polyline that's around it.  That's what makes this so strange. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report