Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Function Key Operations Switched

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
davidrenaud3020
778 Views, 2 Replies

2013 Function Key Operations Switched

Just installed C3D on my Dell POS Windows 7 machine (OS is up to date).

I have noticed that the functionality between using the F3 and F8 keys reverses itself when first used. If I hit F3 I turn Ortho ON/OFF. If I hit it again, I turn Osnap ON/OFF. If I do the F3 key, then do it again to get the Osnaps set how I want, then go to the F8 key to set the Ortho mode back to where it was before I hit F3, it changes my Osnap setting, and I end up chasing my tail around and around. I can use the SCREEN buttons down below my working area. but I prefer keys, finding it far easier to hit F3 without even having to look at the key board rather than put my cursor over the little square of turn Osnaps ON/OFF there. 

I am aksing here first instead of in the Niller AutoGLORIOUS group, because you guys are smarter than those who just draw lines back and forth all day long.

THANKS.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: davidrenaud3020

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you aren't alone:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/2013-bug-Function-Key-toggles/m-p/3411077#M174676

I don't see a resolution for it though.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: Jeff_M

Not really a solution, the problem just went away all by itself.  I still have no idea of what the problem was or how it got fixed.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report