AutoCAD Civil 3D General

trevordeleske4071
Message 1 of 5 (878 Views)

2013 Civil 3D Wipeout frame display problem when a block is used in Civil styles

878 Views, 4 Replies
06-27-2012 03:32 PM

Has anyone encountered the following problem, when using a wipout within a block then used in a label stlye (note or cogo block) the tframe will not disappear and print when toggled off.

my test findings;

Started a new drawing from the 2013 Civil Metric Template that comes with the program,

created a polyline and truned it into a wipeout and said yes to delete the polyline, I then created a block with the wipeout within, the display acts just fine on its own or within the block definition, but when used in a label style or point block style the tframe will not disappear when toggled off.

Thank You

Trevor

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 5 (847 Views)

Re: 2013 Civil 3D Wipeout frame display problem when a block is used in Civil st

06-28-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: trevordeleske4071

Why not just use the masking built in the Civil 3D label style?  There may be a conflict with two.

Bill

trevordeleske4071
Message 3 of 5 (844 Views)

Re: 2013 Civil 3D Wipeout frame display problem when a block is used in Civil st

06-28-2012 07:58 AM in reply to: wfberry
Hi Bill, thanks for the response, we had been using the same styles entities setup in 2012 Civil and had no display issues, it appears the Civil guys have tried to enhance the program and may have altered that piece. I wish to use a block definition within the label style and also block definition within the point block style (no background masking option in the point block settings) We do have a ticket with Autodesk and it has been escalated to their development team as they had identified the problem. I will explore the background mask in the style to see if it can work for my situation. Thanks for your help. Regards Trevor Deleske Mapping Coordinator Calgary GeoWorks Web GIS Administrator McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. 450-999 8th St. S.W. Calgary, AB Canada T2R 1J5 403.245.4711 https://geoworks.mcelhanney.com http://www.mcelhanney.com/mlsl/
Rosaly
Message 4 of 5 (633 Views)

11-27-2012 08:41 AM in reply to: trevordeleske4071

I'm having the same problem, Trevor. I was upgraded to Civil 3D 2013 and all the pipe size blocks inside my drawing do not plot with the wipeout included; even when they show the wipeout working fine inside the drawing. I was wondering if anybody know how to fix this problem or if there is a technical Solution available. Please help.

trevordeleske4071
Message 5 of 5 (626 Views)

11-27-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: trevordeleske4071
Hi Rosaly, Autodesk provided to us a hotfix for this problem and told me that it would be included on the AutoCAD Service Pack 1 to remedy it, which we have not seen yet fixed on a global scale, The hotfix is called Civil_Wipeout_Frame_Hotfix_2013_64bit Replaces the file AecBase.dbx Please send me your e-mail address and I would be happy to send the file and instructions your way. Regards Trevor Deleske CAD Optimization Project Administrator Mapping Coordinator Calgary McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. 450, 999 - 8th St. S.W. | Calgary, AB | T2R 1J5 (o) 403-245-4711 | (c) 403-123-4567 | Tdeleske@McElhanney.net https://geoworks.mcelhanney.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs