Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 part list and 2014?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Joe-Bouza
238 Views, 4 Replies

2012 part list and 2014?

what is the correct proceedure for bringing my 2012 list to 2014? in the past I just continued pointing to my earlier version parts catalog, but I thought I had read that is not the correct proceedure. what is the correct proceedure? Can I merge my list with the current verision?

lets see if I can confuse myself more: I had developed certain structures specific to our use, and when I did that I copied the default catalog to our server and made changes.

1. will I be missing out on anything new if I continue to point to  my old list and catalog

2. does the catalog necessarily have to be on the server if the parts are developed and in the dwt file (and I am the only editor of parts)?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe, I have cross bread the parts for a few generations now. I tend to develop a new part in the older version (r2013 at the moment) and copy it into the 2014 parts folder.

there is no reason why you can't add / copy the new parts from a new version into your custom part catalog however, I do not know how this will function if users are using different or older versions. I have never tested to see if a 2014 part will function in 2013. I know it works the other way around hence why I tend to do all my partbuilding / mods in xml or 2013 only.

if you have others modelling the drainage networks with civil3d then I would sudgest placing this information on the server and copy this over to each users local drive when updated. I tend not to drive directly on the server as I have found it can slow things down.

I would not rely on the parts being held in the drawing as this sometimes causes issues when creating new networks or editing current ones. particulary with some custom vb applications if you have created any.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE

http://docs.autodesk.com/INSTALL_LICENSE/2014/ENU/Autodesk%20Installation%20Help/index.html?url=file...

Copy your parts to a copy of the new catalog on your net so you have all new adesk parts.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Ahh, I see you have distinguished yourself from the rest. Excellent, but you stand above them all, reegardless Smiley Wink

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

Every once in a while the 2 cents I have to spare can help. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report