Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 SP2 - Fails to Export to Autocad 2010

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Sinc
388 Views, 5 Replies

2012 SP2 - Fails to Export to Autocad 2010

Anyone seen this...?  I never saw it prior to installing SP2 on 2012... (currently downloading SP2.1 to see if it fixes the issue...)

I have two viewports on the same sheet, one at 1"=30', and one at 1"=100'.  Cogo Point symbols/labels will print correctly on one viewport, but not on the other.  It seems to be related to whichever one I went into last.  If I go into the main viewport at 1"=30', then the Cogo Point labels/symbols in the 1"=100' viewport turn very tiny when issuing "Export to Autocad 2010".  If I go into the 1"=100' viewport last, then the Cogo Point labels/symbols in the other viewport blow up into huge gigantic things.

I've NEVER seen this behavior before.  It's getting incredibly frustrating, since our client requires a plain AutoCAD 2010 drawing, and the Export feature is flat-out not working anymore.  And if I try exploding Cogo Points prior to exporting, then they disappear from the Point Table.  UGH!!!

Sinc
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Sinc

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I ever tried doing something like this before.  I know that C3D objects have no "save visual fidelity" option, the way that MLEADERS do.  So I suppose this might be a problem that has ALWAYS been in C3D, I just hadn't hit it before.

Sinc
Message 3 of 6
jmayo-EE

"And if I try exploding Cogo Points prior to exporting, then they disappear from the Point Table."

Did you try exploding the table and then exploding the points?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Neilw_05

I can't say this is exactly related to your problem but C3D has a problem exporting layouts that have multiple viewports with different scales. I have confimed this with tech support. One of the symptoms/consequences is you will find numerous blocks and layers in the exported file with names prefixed with "aecexplode_".  The resulting blocks can severely bloat the files which has a very negative impact on performance. The only solution that has been offered, aside from avoiding viewports at different scales in a layout,  is to explode all those "aecexplode" blocks and purge the drawings. It's a tedious and messy solution.

I've also had other fidelity issues when exporting files (text orientation is not maintained, text masks that can't be removed, etc.)

I wouldn't be surprised if your problem is related.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Neilw_05

Yep, that's all related.

I've been complaining for years now about how terrible the "Export to AutoCAD" feature is in C3D.  Maybe one of these days Autodesk will listen.  As it is, it create nightmares within nightmares for anyone who uses C3D and needs to give drawings to someone in plain AutoCAD format.  It would probably take a 3-page forum posting to enumerate all the problems.

Sinc
Message 6 of 6
rl_jackson

I routinely export from 12 to 2007 (Unfortunately) and when I have multiple viewports in the same layout, I'll get multiple blocks of ,may Parcel bounary / lables etc.. at all the differents scales of the viewports. Sometimes I can have 3-4 scales and there will be the same number of blocks in the drawing at each scale. What a PITA

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report