Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 template in 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JBligh1999
303 Views, 5 Replies

2010 template in 2013

Hi,

I have existing 2010/11 template files. When I use them in 2013 they do not display correctly. Only the company logo shows, all of the border and block attributes disappear.

I have opened the dwt file in 2013 (which worked) and saved it as a 2013 template (dwt)  but it still wont display the border when inserted into a layout tab (using new from file on layout tab)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ray

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: JBligh1999

Open in 2013, wblock the TitleBlock items you want to save. Try New Layout from File using this new drawing. Does that work?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
JBligh1999
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,

thanks for response. I sent the files to my reseller who has not had the same problem.

I however am still having the problem, what I have found is that the title block is there but is not in the correct position or the correct size?

Doing zoom>extents in paperspace the missing title block shows but it is massive compared to the visible page size (A1) with the logo on.

I have found a workaround by opening a "new" file using the old template which works but I cannot get the right click on paperspace tab "from template" (not from file as I stated-sorry) on the tabs to work.

I think I will remake my templates in 2013 (seems a waste of time!) but can use the "new file" route for the time being

Anyone else having this issue?  We are using XP with Civil 3D

Message 4 of 6
JBligh1999

forgot to mention - wblock did not work

thanks

Ray

Message 5 of 6
david.zavislan

2013 may be configured with different default insertion units.  Check the OPTIONS command.  You may also want to check the insertion units assigned to the template, and the drawing you are inserting it into.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
JBligh1999
in reply to: david.zavislan

David,

Insertion units are unitless on both counts, 2013 and 2010.dwt. Weirdly it has started to work - kind of, border shows at correct scale but is slightly off-centre on page.

Thank you for suggestion

Ray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report