Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 and 2012 not working together

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
vsfoster
281 Views, 6 Replies

2010 and 2012 not working together

What can I do?

civil3d.gif

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: vsfoster

Hi,

>> What can I do?

What do you want to do?

If you just want to open the DWG but you don't want to modify the Civil-based objects you can just ignore the message.

If you want to modify or use some of the Civil3D objects (like surface, alignment, profile-views, ... that were saved with 2012) now in 2010 ... then it get's problematic because that does not work.

To get objects like surface back to your old Civil3D you can use the LandXML-export to get the data out of the drawing, then start Civil3D 2010 and import this XML file. So you get the data ... but not the styles, you will have to assign styles manually.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
vsfoster
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I need Civil 3D functions. Is there any way to export the drawings from 2012 to 2010 and keep the civil 3d funtionality?

Message 4 of 7
vsfoster

I am an idiot. To maintain funtionality from 2012 to 2010 simply export the drawing to 2010 from 2012. When opening the drawing in 2010 full Civil 3D funtionality exist.

Message 5 of 7
Neilw_05

When you export to 2010 all C3D objects will be exploded. You will not have a functional project. You will have to reconstruct the project if you want it to be functional.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 7
vsfoster
in reply to: Neilw_05

ouch! I acted hastily. Thanks for that cheery news. Luckily we are working in tandem and I set up the projects in 2010, we are just making layer changes and such in 2012 prior to the actual project commencement. I was alarmed when I could not import points after the drawings were saved in 2012 to 2010. The export option will work for us, this time.

Thank you for the clarification. We will all be using 2012 in 45 days.

Message 7 of 7
Neilw_05

Be aware that if you use 2012 to make any changes to the drawings they will no longer be functional in 2010.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report