Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Civil3D Publish to PDF Causes APPCRASH

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
brian.givens
1456 Views, 6 Replies

2010 Civil3D Publish to PDF Causes APPCRASH

After I selected “Publish to PDF” in 2010 Civil3D I have always gotten an AppCrash error. It’s not actually as bad as it sounds because I can simply click on the “check online for solutions and close the program” or click on the “X” to close the box and neither of them actually closes down 2010 Civil3D. It’s not causing me a problem YET because all my PDF's come out fine and the program doesn't close down and I can continue working. I just want to know what’s causing it.

Anyone experience this?

Below is an attached screen shot of the error box and the details from the error message I get once the Publish to PDF is completed.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             acad.exe

Application Version:                           24.0.309.0

Application Timestamp:                     4bcbe25e

Fault Module Name:                          StackHash_7f5a

Fault Module Version:                        0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                  00000000

Exception Code:                               c0000005

Exception Offset:                             a4014364

OS Version:                                     6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4

Locale ID:                                         1033

Additional Information 1:                  7f5a

Additional Information 2:                  7f5a306e069edf6f92a806ea5379042a

Additional Information 3:                  f7b5

Additional Information 4:                  f7b516aa2ef71adab82811715ac3c36b

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brian.givens
in reply to: brian.givens

I meant to say that I am using Windows 7 OS.

Message 3 of 7
Sinc

I'm not sure, but on a possibly related note, I can regularly get C3D 2010 to crash if I try to print to PDF after doing a "Print Preview" while "DWG to PDF.pc3" is selected as the print driver.  I can do the preview and it's fine, then it crashes when I try to actually print the PDF.

I've been working around the issue by simply never doing a print preview with the "DWG to PDF.pc3" print driver.  Haven't had problems with it crashing unless I do a Print Preview first.

Sinc
Message 4 of 7
bknighton

I was also having the same error when plotting to our plotter. I found that unchecking the publish in backround box stopped the error box from coming up. Unfortunatly you have to watch the box while your sheets plot. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 7
brian.givens

Wouldn't think publishing the back ground would have been a solution, will give that a try. Thanks for the info.

Message 6 of 7
bquinney

Unfortunately, this has been an issue in many aspects. The whole reasoning behind background plotting is seemingly no more since other basic components of C3D interfere with its proper operation.

Civil 3D 2013
Dell Precision T7500, Windows 7, 64bit Pro
Xeon proc., 2 @ 2.13GHz
24GB RAM
Message 7 of 7
Sinc

It seems another good way to run into problems is to try to print multiple copies of a sheet set.  I've had it successfully complete the job, but leave the final page out of every set.  And just now I tried one that fails complete.  It works fine as long as I print only one copy of the sheet set at a time, but try to do multiple sets at once and the plot fails with no useful error message.  (That seems to be the norm for plotting problems - no useful error messages.)

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report