Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source c3dreports in c#

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kbarnettza
304 Views, 4 Replies

source c3dreports in c#

Hello,

Civil 3D 2014

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\Data\Reports\Net\Source

Is the C3DReports source dot net project available in C#?

If yes.. please provide the URL

Or.. Maybe Visual Studio already includes a function to convert Projects from VB to C# - if yes, please provide some info.

Meanwhile I will start converting ...

Regards,

Kevin.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: kbarnettza

No, none available.

There are some decent code converters on the web, but they aren't geared for mass code conversion and all of them still require a fair amount of cleanup afterwards. I started converting them some time ago, but found it to be quite time consuming. Especially since I was trying to abandon the COM interops at the same time. With all of the original reports having been written in VBA, and only some have been rewritten to be more .NET'ish (even says so in the comments), I found it to be challenging.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
kbarnettza
in reply to: Jeff_M

thought so ... : (    shouldnt you be sleeping ??? surely its late where u are ... (or very very early) ...

Message 4 of 5
kbarnettza

For C# developers, it looks like it is better to develop your own report facility instead of converting the vb source.

Message 5 of 5
Partha.Sarkar

Hi Kevin,

If you are trying to build any custom report, I think the existing code base of VB.NET should help you to get started.

As Jeff said, there are some conversion tools, but you need to do some of the conversion by manual intervention.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report