Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new AeccApplicationClass does not work in .net 2013?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JamesMaeding
484 Views, 4 Replies

new AeccApplicationClass does not work in .net 2013?

I have code from the past that gets an AeccApplicationClass using:

// Note: GetInterfaceObject() has a bug in it.  It uses the default Windows object marshaller,
// which can result in it returning the AeccApplication from the wrong instance of Autocad if more
// than one instance is running.  This creates a problem even if the other instance is another
// Autocad product, such as Land Desktop.  So instead of using GetInterfaceObject(), we instead
// use this method to get the AeccApplication.
public IAeccApplication CivilApp {
	get {
		if (_civilApp == null) {
			_civilApp = new AeccApplicationClass();
			_civilApp.Init((IAcadApplication)Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.AcadApplication);
		}
		return _civilApp;
	}
}

I got this from one of the gurus, not taking credit for it by any means.

When I do the reference changes suggested in

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/04/com-references-on-civil-3d-2013.html

and

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/2012/04/upgrading-to-civil-3d-2013-programming.html

I get errors on the "new AeccApplicationClass();" line, VS 2010 says "...cannot be embedded, use applicable interface instead...".

This code might be from the free SincPac, to which i know there are several fans out there.

Any ideas what the proper way is now to make the AeccApplicationClass object?

thanks

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: JamesMaeding

This is what we did, where we have the conditional compilation symbol of C3D2013:

if (aeccApp == null)
                {
#if !C3D2013
                    aeccApp = new AeccApplicationClass();
#else
                    aeccApp = new AeccApplication();
#endif     
aeccApp.Init((AcadApplication)Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.AcadApplication); }

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
JamesMaeding
in reply to: Jeff_M

what would I do without you Jeff?

I hate to mooch off others skills too, these api changes are rather hidden though.

Message 4 of 5
JamesMaeding
in reply to: Jeff_M

That worked great.

The way I handle different code needed for different acad versions is by making separate projects for each version.

So I have several "helper" libraries added to my solution:

C3D R19 Tools

Acad R19 Tools

In those helper projects, there are several code files, like this:

Utils.cs

Utils R19.cs

The Utils.cs has a class called "C3DUtil". I define it as a partial class, then also have a partial class in the Utils R19.cs which has the version specific code.

The end result is each program I produce has a solution for each version of acad (ouch).

Also, each helper library has a different project for each version, to allow combinations of partial classes.

I post this because I wish there were better ways of doing things. Conditional compilation symols do allow some simplification, but I need control of references too. Curious to hear if that can bve dealt with any other way than multiple projects/solutions.

Message 5 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: JamesMaeding

I do pretty much the same thing with the Projects, 1 for each version of C3D...and with 2013 it's worse because if you use the COM Interops you must build one for each of the x86 & x64 versions of C3D. But rather than have separate code files, we use the Symbols exclusively...but that can turn into it's own mess, too.

Now, if you convert the code to use all .NET API where possible and access the COM via late-binding, then only one is needed for 2013 (and the same dll may work for the next version as well, can't wait to test that theory). This is something I've been working on doing in my spare time, and I have it about 95% complete. There is some old code which I wrote in probably the wrong way which is now proving difficult, at best, to move away from the Interops. But as long as I leave these 3 commands out, my COM free project is working quite well in both x86 & x64 C3D2013.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report