Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enterprise menu workspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CADmgrMike
860 Views, 4 Replies

enterprise menu workspace

I have two menus for piping symbols that I want to load in a workspace that's on my enterprise menu.

I modifed the enterprise menu, have the piping menus loaded, the correct search paths in the profile and everything works fine on my pc.

When I use the enterprise workspace on another computer, those two menus won't load. The workspace shows them as unresolved.

I have everything setup on both computers the same as far as I can tell.

This worked fine in C3D 2012 and now that I'm setting up 2013 it decides to not work.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Mike

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: CADmgrMike

Hi Mike,

For this question, I think if you post it to user groups - AutoCAD / Civil 3D, you would see quicker response than in this group where we deal with application development / API / product customization.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
CADmgrMike

I found another post with a similar issue and posted there too.

I did finally figure out how to fix it.

I had to copy the menus I needed to my enterprise file and add them to the enterprise workspace from there.

Then it worked fine.

Just frustrating because I didn't have to do that with 2012 for it to work.

Mike Porter
Message 4 of 5
smbrennan

Mike,

I'm exploring enterprise CUI files for my company. Does your Enterprise CUI file contain ONLY the two menus you mentioend, or does it have everything else?

I have the main cui file on the local drive, so each user can still maintain their own workspace. But the company content is on the enterprise CUI file, which consists of a few new ribbon tabs, complete with icons, macros, and LISP routines. Currently we're using CUI load but I'm looking to be able to make changes and not have to go to everyone's machine for every update.

I find myself having to modify the current workspace in the main file everytime I make a change to the enterprise file, just to see the new ribbon content. I've tried adding a workspace with just the tabs we have, but I wouldn't want to set that as my workspace, as it doesn't have the basic tabs (Home, Insert, Annotate, etc).

Am I doing something wrong, or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 5 of 5
CADmgrMike
in reply to: smbrennan

Shawn,

Our enterprise CUI only contains our custom stuff and I also added the add-on software menus for the piping symbols. I'm also going to add the menu for AutoTURN that we use.

This allows all users to have access to the add-on menus, but they don't work unless I've installed the add-on software.

I have a custom workspace created in the enterprise menu that shows all the C3D stuff plus our custom tabs. I just copied the civil 3d workspace out of the box and added to it. Any user wanting a custom workspace and save the company workspace to a different name. They just don't get any future edits automatically.

Yes you do have to resave the custom workspace every time you make edits. That's no different that if you were revising a workspace saved on your pc.

The quick way to do this is create a profile on your pc (assuming your managing the enterprise file) and in that profile reverse the customization files in your options (see attached pic) where the enterprise cui is the main and the c3d is the enteprise.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Mike Porter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report