Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between .NET API and ObjectARX API?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
658 Views, 1 Reply

What is the difference between .NET API and ObjectARX API?

I need to dump the coordinates of alignment and profile, but I cannot found the reference of the command list of both of .NET API and ObjectARX API. I have some questions and will appreciate if anyone can give me some advice about them.

1 Where can I find the reference of the commands?

2 Do .NET API and ObjectARX API both provide the commands to access the coordinates alignment and profile?

3 What is the difference between them? I mean the complexity and time to learn.

4 To access coordinates or dump coordinates to a text file, which one is easier to code?

5 Do they provide the commands to write data into a text file? Or can I use standard i/o in visual studio?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: Anonymous

1 Where can I find the reference of the commands?

Press F1 in Civil 3D and in the contents look for Developer Help.

2 Do .NET API and ObjectARX API both provide the commands to access the coordinates alignment and profile?

I'd do .NET, ObjectARX is C++ based and I haven't attempted to program in it.

3 What is the difference between them? I mean the complexity and time to learn.

Due to advances in programming c#.NET is easier to learn and use.

4 To access coordinates or dump coordinates to a text file, which one is easier to code?

Look at the reports source code that comes with the program: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2011\enu\Data\Reports\Net\Source One of the reports dumps to a file (html, doc, xls) or can easily be modified to a text file.

5 Do they provide the commands to write data into a text file? Or can I use standard i/o in visual studio?

You can use the standard i/o in visual studio.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report