Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.NET CODE 2013 migrate to 2014 AUTOCAD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
amyyoyo1
337 Views, 1 Reply

VB.NET CODE 2013 migrate to 2014 AUTOCAD

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate the vb.net code from 2013 to 2014 autocad. I change all the reference paths and rebuilded the code, no error show up.

but when I try to load the dll file into the autocad 2014 a error message show up. 

Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///P:\ACAD2014\VB NET\SplashScreen_jmv\SplashScreen_jmv\bin\Debug\SplashScreen.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///P:\ACAD2014\VB NET\SplashScreen_jmv\SplashScreen_jmv\bin\Debug\SplashScreen.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
at loadmgd()

I try to see if it's becasue the file was lock but it's seem like the file is fine and it's runing fine in 2013 autocad.

I hope someone can help me out of this. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: amyyoyo1

You can't load a dll from a network location. I'd guess 2013 you are loading locally and 2014 from a network location. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report