Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangent Grade Labels - Sign

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wsargent
1085 Views, 5 Replies

Tangent Grade Labels - Sign

I am submitting plans to the Department of Transportation. They are asking for the profile view slopes to show the sign in parentheses (positive or negative). Currently I have the tangent grade label set to show the sign so it reads “-1.00%” as an example, but I cannot figure out how to get it to read “(-) 1.00%” without creating a profile depth label then editing the text of every one to include the “(+)”  or “(-)” before the slope.

Is there a way to modify the tangent grade to be able to put parentheses around the sign?

Thanks

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 SP3.0, built on: AutoCAD 2016 SP1, Map 3D 2016 SP2
Dell Percision T5810: MS Windows 10 Pro; Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA K2200 4.00 GB Memory
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: wsargent

Hi,

In the Text Component Editor of Uphill and Downhill labels create the text by dropping the sign.

And add the text '(+)' in front of Uphill label

and '(-)' in fornt of downhill label

Drop Sign.JPG

Message 3 of 6
wsargent
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

I know about editing each Tangent Grade item (though I did forget to mention it). There are a lot of grade changes, so I was hoping the computer would be able to do it...

Dell Percision T5810: MS Windows 10 Pro; Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA K2200 4.00 GB Memory
Message 4 of 6
Ajilal.Vijayan

@wsargent wrote:

I know about editing each Tangent Grade item (though I did forget to mention it). There are a lot of grade changes, so I was hoping the computer would be able to do it...

If you edit Label style , that should update all the Tangent labels.

Not sure whether you are looking for the tangent grade to be shown on the Bands or on the top of profile.

If you want to show on the top of profile create an expression in the line profile label style.

I did a simple expression something like this

IF({Tangent Grade}>0,{Tangent Grade},{Tangent Grade})

then I edit the Line label style in profile view to include this expression by using the properties as shown in below image.

Drop Sign2.JPG

Message 5 of 6
wsargent
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

That worked. Thank you.

I have not used expressions to evaluate if statements only to do basic math (back of curb = 0.5' plus gutter type things). If you don't mind, how is the expression working? The way I read the expression it is "if the tangent grades is grater than zero output the tangent grade else output the tangent grade". How is that creating the positive or negative sign?

Edit - I was able to get the positive or negitive sign using the below settings on the standard Tangent Grade property of the line lable:

• Format: decimal
  • Percision: 1
  • Sign: sign always
  • Output: right of decimal 

Message 6 of 6
Ajilal.Vijayan

You are quite right , no need of expression there , as the expression do nothing.

So need to insert 2 tangent grade text and format the first one like you said in your last post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report