Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surveying: Drawing lines from Robot to Radial shots...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SteveAdams8888
338 Views, 2 Replies

Surveying: Drawing lines from Robot to Radial shots...

Hi Everybody,

I am wanting to draw lines from gun setup to the backsight, and then from the gun to all the radial shots that were taken from that setup. I would like to do this as automatically as possible. (i.e. a bunch of radial lines from the gun to each individual shot from that setup).

Our raw files are in TDS format.  I could do it manually by using the transparent command 'PN, but I would have to draw a line from the setup to the shots individually.

Otherwise, I could write a lisp that asks me for the setup pt number, and I could give it a range ot pt #'s and have it draw lines from the gun to each of the pts in the range. (that is, if 'PN works in lisp).

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Steve

C3d 2010 (no SP)
Win7

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: SteveAdams8888

You could convert RAW data to field book file (FBK) then import through survey database, this would draw the lines from the gun to the shots. Being civil3d there is of course a style associated with this, under Prospector, under Setting tab, under Survey, this is a Network style.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 3
SteveAdams8888
in reply to: sjg

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a try.  Smiley Happy

I appreciate it,

Steve

Thanks,
Steve

C3d 2010 (no SP)
Win7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report