Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure & Pipe Connectivity Watch? Alert on Disconnection.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MikeEvansUK
293 Views, 1 Reply

Structure & Pipe Connectivity Watch? Alert on Disconnection.

I have been caught out again with forcing pipes to not connect at the centre.

We often have offset pipes in manholes and dragging the pipe will adjust the end point to a different location than the centre of the structure but ocasionally the pipe will disconnect from the structure while doing this.

Its not always apparent that this happens so i want to create a program which watches the connections of a pipe whilst being dragged and warns you if it has been disconnected.

Has anyone have any Ideas how you would go about doing this?

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

This series of posts have most of the information you will need:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/11/linking_circles.html

Use XRecords to save the connected structures to the pipe. Unfortunately you might run into issues if the XRecords are saved to the pipes and you use them as Data Shortcuts since Civil 3D causes AutoCAD to crash in that case. I save the pipe information to the drawing and then look it up each time I need it in the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report